Labmanager (20h) for “Method Unit EEG” wanted
The University of Salzburg (Austria) is currently seeking applications for a lab coordinator in the field of EEG research.
The area of responsibility essentially includes the lab management of the “Method Unit EEG” of the Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience (CCNS) and the Department of Psychology of the University of Salzburg. The successful candidate will be entrusted with the complete management of the EEG laboratories.
– Scheduled start of duty: immediately
– Duration of employment: one-year, limited term position
– Hours per week: 20
– Working days: Monday to Friday
– Applicants should have a Bachelor or Master in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field, and have interests in cognitive neuroscience with prior experience in EEG research. Programming skills and EEG analyses experience are highly desirable.
– Job responsibilities include administrative support and acquisition of EEG to manage the laboratories of the “Method Unit EEG” (e.g. maintaining our EEG labs, ordering supplies, getting connected with the EEG companies for support in case of repairs of EEG infrastructure; organize new acquisitions regarding hard- and software). Help with the implementation and evaluation of studies should be given on a case-by-case basis with available time resources. Ability for independent data recording, analysis, statistical evaluation and publication preparation.
– Desired personal characteristics: initiative and independent work; ability to work in a team; communicate in German and English with companies (e.g. for ordering supplies or getting support in case of repairs of EEG infrastructure).
For further informal enquiries or the submission of the formal application, please contact Assoc.-Prof. Dr. Kerstin Hoedlmoser (+ 43 662 8044 5143; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Online – Survey: How do you sleep during lockdown?
Be Part of science and get 5 euros* by helping us to understand how sleep changes due to the global Pandemic COVID-19!
Thanks for your support!
*Fill out the online questionnaire and claim the 5 euros compensation by sending an email at email@example.com. Only the first 100 participants are refunded
Announcement: Winter-Symposium & DK Winter School 2020 in Salzburg
For the 4th time, our sleep laboratory is organizing a symposium on “Sleep, Cognition and Consciousness”. From the 27th – 29th February, 2020 international scientists will present their latest research results in front of the fantastic backdrop of Werfenweng (Austria).
> see “Wintersymposium” program overview
Before that, our DK “Imaging the Mind” Winter School takes place from 25th – 27th February, 2020. This winter school equips PhD students in a series of lectures, discussions, and practical sessions with theoretical and methodological knowledge on sleep, cognition and consciousness.
> see “Winterschool” program